6 Signs You’re Dealing With A Bad Car Accident Lawyer
by Abigail Vela | November 4th, 2021 | Legal Representation
Dealing with a bad car accident lawyer after a car crash can be one of the most stress-inducing experiences you will ever experience. You may be unable to earn a fair settlement, feel unheard, and, ultimately, have your finances hurt.
When you’ve been involved in a catastrophic car accident, you want a trustworthy, dependable, and experienced car accident lawyer to represent you — like those found at J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys.
In order to avoid bad car accident lawyers, we have listed six signs to look out for:
1.Problems with Staff
One of the most important signs to look out for when it comes to a bad car accident lawyer is their employees and office environment. Signs that a lawyer is having issues with their staff include:
- The office is empty or not busy
- Phones are going unanswered
- No one attends to you right away
- They are understaffed and unmotivated
- The lawyer does not treat their staff well
Communication is key in establishing a good relationship between a client and their personal injury lawyer. Clients want to feel like they are being attended to, listened to, and treated justly.
Surefire signs that a car accident lawyer has poor communication skills include:
- They do not discuss charges with you ahead of time
- The car accident lawyer is inattentive and seems distracted
- They fail to disclose important details about their services
- They fail to let you know about important dates, such as court dates
- They do not provide a dependable line of communication, whether it is through phone, email, or other means
3.Lack of Experience
A good car accident lawyer has dealt with similar claims and should make you feel assured of the responsibilities that they handle. A sign that a car accident lawyer is inexperienced is if they lack understanding of your type of claim.
Don’t be afraid to ask the following questions during your first consultation:
- What are your qualifications?
- How long should I expect my case to take?
- Am I entitled to compensation? What types?
- Have you worked with other clients on similar cases?
4.Unprofessional and Careless
You want to work with a car accident lawyer that cares about you and gains your trust. If a car accident lawyer behaves in an unprofessional or incompassionate manner, then they are not doing their job well.
A few tell-tale signs that your car accident lawyer lacks any care for you and your case are:
- They give you a bad attitude
- They act impatient, annoyed, and inattentive
- They miss or show up late to consultations/meetings
- They ignore, forget, or fail to return your calls
- They fail to empathize with your current situation
- They fail to file the necessary paperwork for your case
- They don’t take the time to work on your case at all
- They make you wait longer than the appointment time
5.Consultation Is Not Free
At J.Gonzalez Injury Attorneys, you can call at any time and book your consultation without worrying about having to spend a single penny. Most, but not all, car accident lawyers offer a free initial consultation.
This is typically an act of good faith, a way to establish trust, and learn more about their services.
6.No Referrals or Bad Reviews
A car accident lawyer with a good reputation usually has clients who vouch for them through word of mouth or online reviews. If a car accident lawyer lacks any reviews or receives bad reviews online, it is best to steer clear of them!Need proof of our hard work? Be sure to check out J. Gonzalez’s top testimonials today: https://jgonzalezlawfirm.com/about/client-testimonial/ To top it off, you can request our services 24/7. #TopLawyer #RGV #CarAccidentLawyer… Click To Tweet
Why You Should Choose Jesse Gonzalez: The Top Accident Attorney!
Jesse Gonzalez has served the community throughout the Rio Grande Valley for over 20 years! He has garnered a great reputation amongst the community and has worked hard to ensure he provides results, helping to secure millions in compensation for his clients.
Other reasons why Jesse Gonzalez is the right car accident lawyer for you include:
- Jesse understands the Rio Grande Valley and grew up in the region.
- Jesse has valued hard work since he was a child working as a migrant worker to help his family.
- He received his Bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Texas – Pan American in 1992.
- He received his Master’s degree in Educational Administration from the University of Texas – Pan American in 1995.
- He earned his Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s School of Law in 2000.
- J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys offers FREE consultations and 24/7 services.
- J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys is located in 5 convenient locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
We value the hard work that we do. At J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys, we are sure to work together as a team to help you with your car accident claim. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, don’t wait any further!