Edinburg Driver On the Run From Police After Fatal Hit-and-Run Incident
by J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys | November 12th, 2020 | Hit-And-Run
On Friday night, November 6th, a 41-year-old man was killed by a driver who struck him and failed to render aid.
Details About the Incident
According to local authorities, the incident occurred just after 11:15 p.m. at the intersection of 21st Avenue and Cano Street in Edinburg.
The victim was declared dead after he was rushed to the nearest hospital as a result of the injuries sustained.
The last sight of the vehicle involved was seen traveling south of 21st avenue. Authorities believed the negligent driver was operating a four-door Sedan with blue headlights.
No further information was released as of now, and Edinburg PD is continuing their search for the driver.
The Tragic End Results of Hit-and-Run Accidents
Auto-pedestrian accidents can be one of the most lethal types of accidents imaginable due to the damage they can inflict to the human body. If a person were to survive such an accident, the end results can leave devastating, long-term effects on a person’s body, mind, and mental wellbeing.
These types of accidents occur where there is either miscommunication between a pedestrian and a driver, or a driver ultimately fails to see an oncoming pedestrian ahead of them. Sometimes, alcohol and drugs may also play a factor, inhibiting judgment and reaction timing.
It was reported that 2019 was the deadliest year for pedestrians within the United States. Around 6,590 fatalities occurred as a direct result of auto-pedestrian accidents.
As far as Texas goes, In 2019 there were a total of 5,952 auto-pedestrian incidents across the entire state. Out of those incidents:
- 1,954 individuals suffered possible injuries.
- 2,095 individuals suffered non-incapacitating injuries.
- 1,260 individuals suffered serious injuries.
- 660 individuals were killed.
Tips Worth Considering For Fellow Pedestrians
While it is safe to assume that when we go out for a walk, hike, or bike ride that we’ll be safe and sound, tragedy can strike at any given moment if we aren’t careful.
The following life-saving tips should be taken into consideration when deciding to go out for a walk, day or night:
- Use sidewalks when available: Sidewalks give pedestrians a place to safely walk around away from oncoming traffic. It is crucial to utilize these resources when available. If no designated sidewalk is available, consider walking as far away from the road as possible in order to avoid an accident.
- Utilize the crosswalks available: When a crosswalk is available, make sure you use it when it is your turn to get you across the street in the safest manner possible. Avoid the urge to jaywalk, as it can lead to miscommunication between you and other drivers, causing an accident.
- Make yourself visible to others: Whether it’s in the morning or at nighttime, wearing bright, reflective gear can help make yourself visible to others.
- Cut off any distractions: A potential distraction such as cell phone use can keep your mind occupied while roaming around outside. These distractions can lead you to make a costly mistake and send you to the nearest hospital. When attempting to cross the street, refrain from any possible distractions at all times.
McAllen Car Accident Attorneys Fighting For Justice!
When tragedy unfolds, it can lead to a world of significant doubt and despair. In the event of an unexpected car accident where a loved one was taken too soon, it is important to seek legal justice.
The McAllen car accident attorneys of J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys help families in need, fighting in civil court to get the proper financial relief they need to cover the cost of hospital bills, funeral expenses, and pain and suffering.
Have you been involved in a hit-and-run accident? Contact J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys today!
Source: Brownsville Herald