Late Night Auto-Pedestrian Accident Reported In San Juan
On Thursday, October 22nd, an auto-pedestrian accident was reported in San Juan.
According to local authorities, the incident occurred at Raul Longoria Road, and as of yet, local authorities have not identified any of the parties involved. In addition, no injuries or fatalities have been reported thus far.
The incident is still under investigation.
The Lethal Dangers of Auto-Pedestrian Accidents
Auto-pedestrian collisions are one of the most lethal types of accidents by nature. They occur when a driver fails to see a pedestrian on the road or fails to give them the right-of-way, striking them as a result.
If a pedestrian were to survive such an accident, the end results can be absolutely devastating to the human body and mind, leading to long-term complications.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, a total of 5,952 pedestrian-related accidents in 2019. Out of those accidents:
- 1,831 accidents occurred in which 1,954 individuals suffered possible injuries.
- 1,991 accidents occurred in which 2,095 individuals suffered non-incapacitating injuries.
- 1,215 accidents occurred in which 1,260 individuals suffered serious injuries.
- 656 accidents occurred in which 660 individuals were reported dead after the incident.
Life-Saving Advice Pedestrians Should Take Into Consideration
While these accidents occur far too often, these incidents can ultimately be prevented, if and so fellow pedestrians take some of the following advice to mind:
- Use Sidewalks: Sidewalks are specifically designed for pedestrians, bystanders, and cyclists in order to get around safely. If for whatever reason the area you are in does not have a sidewalk implemented, walk as far away from the road as possible.
- Use the Crosswalk: Crosswalks were implemented for getting pedestrians from one side of the road to the other side in a safe manner as well. In the event where there are no adequate crosswalks, the best thing you can do would be to make eye contact with oncoming drivers and wait for them to yield and allow you to safely cross over.
- Avoid Distractions: As a fellow pedestrian, you are still responsible for keeping both eyes on the road as you would if you were driving. It is important to avoid any potential distractions that will keep you from getting around safely such as cell phone use or listening to loud music on your earphones.
- Make Yourself Visible: It is important to make yourself as visible as possible to other drivers by wearing bright, reflective gear that will make you easily identifiable, especially in later, darker hours.
Dependable Legal Representation When You Need It the Most
In the event of a catastrophic car accident where a negligent driver turns your entire life upside down, seek the recovery you deserve by consulting with the J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys. Doing so is the ideal first step into returning to normality.
Our caring and compassionate attorneys will fight tooth and nail in order to help you get back on your feet and receive the financial compensation you deserve for the pain and suffering you had to endure.
If you or someone you love were injured in an auto-pedestrian accident, contact J.Gonzalez Injury Attorneys today for a FREE virtual consultation!
Source: Valley Central