Motorcyclist Dead at Scene of Accident in San Antonio
by J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys | September 26th, 2021 | News
A motorcyclist crashed on Thursday, September 23, around 11:30 a.m. in San Antonio.
Authorities reported that the driver was traveling on the city’s west side by US Highway 90. Another driver in a Nissan Altima was traveling south in the 1300 block of South General McMullen.
After making a left turn, she collided with the motorcyclist, who was traveling northbound. The motorcyclist was declared dead at the scene after being struck.
The victim is said to have been in his 40s or 50s. The other driver was not charged.
Safety Around MotorcyclesShowing respect around motorcycles is as important as showing respect for other cars, trucks, and heavier vehicles around you. Respect your fellow motorcyclists. via @TopLawyerRGV #motorcyclesafety #respecttheroad Click To Tweet
There are various things to remember when you’re on the road with motorcyclists:
- Passenger vehicles are bigger and can kill a motorcyclist upon impact.
- Do not ignore motorcycles on the road. They are just as much a vehicle as the car or truck next to you.
- Because of their smaller size, motorcycles often stay hidden in your blind spots. Be extra vigilant when crossing intersections or changing lanes.
- Always assume a motorcycle is closer than they look. Their size can play tricks on your eyes. Don’t ever assume their speed relative to yours.
- Keep a further distance from them. Count 3 or 4 extra seconds in between you and a motorcycle than you would other cars.
- Motorcyclists often change lanes to be more visible, move away from debris, passing vehicles, or due to the wind. Give them space to do so.
- Keep a close eye on a motorcycle’s turn signals.
- Remember that there’s always a person underneath that helmet.
- Lastly, you will always cause more damage to the motorcyclist than vice versa.
Your Brownsville Car Accident Lawyer Urges You To Respect Everyone On The Road
One of the most important rules to remember is to be respectful of everyone on the road. The driver and motorcyclist next to you, in front of you, or behind you is somebody’s friend, family member, and loved one. Always stay vigilant on the road and stay mindful of what you and those around you are doing on the road.
If you or a loved one recently experienced a motorcycle accident, reach out to your Brownsville car accident lawyers at J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys to help you with your accident claim. We will be sure to help you receive the compensation you deserve so that you can make a swift recovery.