Pharr Motorcyclist Dead After Falling Off Interchange
by J. Gonzalez Injury Attorneys | January 7th, 2021 | Auto Accident
On the night of Sunday, January 3rd, a 20-year-old man was declared dead after crashing his motorcycle and falling off the Pharr 281 Interchange.
According to local authorities, the 20-year-old man was thrown off his motorcycle following the accident, which led to him falling and landing on the street below.
Details are still vague and Pharr PD is currently investigating what factors led up to the accident.
The Dangers of Motorcycle Accidents
Due to their high velocity, low-response time, and lack of protection, motorcycle accidents can be some of the most dangerous and lethal types of accidents.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, a motorcyclist is approximately 28 times more likely to be involved in a lethal accident in comparison to a passenger car occupant. The same report noted that motorcycle-related fatalities accounted for 14% of all traffic-related fatalities across the United States.
Texas saw a total of 410 motorcycle-related fatalities in 2019.
Key Factors That Lead to Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the most common factors that may lead to serious motorcycle accident may include but are not limited to:
- Excessive speeding: 32% of motorcycle fatalities in accidents are caused by excessive speeding, which is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Driving under the influence: 27% of motorcycle accident-related fatalities are the result of drivers under the influence of alcohol or some other illegal substance.
- Reckless behavior: Motorcycle engines can be powerful; drivers who take advantage of their motorcycle to drive recklessly increase their risk of being involved in a serious accident.
- Inexperienced riders: Inexperienced riders can set themselves up for a disaster if they do not know how to properly handle a motorcycle. It is crucial to be fully aware of how to ride a motorcycle, as well as to learn all safety protocols before hitting the road.
- Road defects: Factors such as cracked pavement, potholes, objects, rocks and pebbles, lack of lighting, or lack of safety signs can all contribute to a potentially dangerous situation.
- Motorcycle defects: In certain instances, the motorcycle itself might have faulty components, such as a defective brake.
McAllen Car Accident Attorney Ready to Help You Seek Justice!
In the event of a tragic death as a result of a motorcycle accident, it is in your best interest to contact the McAllen motorcycle accident lawyers of J.Gonzalez Injury Attorneys as soon as possible!
Our dedicated legal team will work with you and guide you through the entire legal process, step-by-step, in order to help you seek the financial recovery you need.
Contact J.Gonzalez Injury Attorneys today to schedule your FREE, no-obligation virtual consultation!