Two motorcyclists injured in hit and run crash

by Benjamin Treviño | April 3rd, 2024 | Blog

EDINBURG — Police are searching for the driver of a suspect vehicle in connection with a hit-and-run collision that left two motorcyclists injured.

According to Edinburg police, the incident happened about 8:00 p.m. on March 31 at the intersection of northbound frontage road I 69-C and Trenton Rd. A press release states that a motorcycle with two riders on board was struck from behind by a black SUV, possibly a BMW.

The black SUV fled the scene traveling northbound, police added.

The two motorcycle riders, a man and a woman, were transported to DHR Health Hospital with “major injuries,” the release stated. Anyone with information on the driver or vehicle involved in the hit-and-run is asked to contact the Edinburg Police Department at (956) 289-7700.



Compensation for hit-and-run accidents

If you have been injured in a traffic accident by a hit-and-run driver, you might feel as if you will never be able to get compensation for your injuries or for the damage to your vehicle. However, this is not always the case.

As a victim of a hit-and-run crash, you do have options, but it is imperative that you hire an attorney who can help decide the course of action that’s right for you.

The personal injury attorneys at the J. Gonzalez Law Firm can help you in a number of ways. For instance, the J. Gonzalez team can:

  •      Attempt to find the driver who hit you
  •      Help you navigate your own insurance policy regarding uninsured motorist coverage
  •      Fight for all financial compensation you legally deserve

Here are just two options that might be available for you.

First, you can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company if he or she is caught. Sometimes drivers leave the scene of the crime because they are uninsured. If this is the case, you can still file a lawsuit against the driver directly.

If the driver is not found, or they lack the personal resources required to pay, you can file a claim with your own insurance company. According to Texas law, all vehicle insurers must offer uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage is automatic unless you signed a document refusing it at the time of your policy going into effect. Even if you do have this coverage, your own insurance company can act as an adversary. It might try to pay you less that it is obligated to pay you, or it might even try to deny your claim altogether.

The personal injury attorneys at the J. Gonzalez Law Firm are familiar with all the tactics insurance companies will use to diminish claims. They have years of experience negotiating fair and legally binding settlements, and they’ll even litigate your case in court if it becomes necessary.

Seeking advice from the experienced team at The J. Gonzalez Law Firm is your best bet to get the full compensation you deserve. Contact us today via this website or by calling 1-800-CAR-CRASH.





Before You Leave

Check in first with our Legal Assistant for guidance in your personal injury case.

Start Now

Holler Box